Referee Course – Épée Level 2
Sunday 19th November 2023
Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1NB (map)
This is a guide and may be subject to small changes. You will be contacted a week before the online theory with final details.
|In the week preceding the Practical – TBC||TBC||Online Theory||Zoom Meeting|
|Sun 19 Nov 2023||8.30am||Short Seminar and recap||Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, Solihull|
Dress Code: Smart dress, e.g. shirt with collar or similar (no jeans).
The course will be run by Lynne Melia, a former FIE referee, British Fencing accredited Referee Instructor and Mentor. Applicants must be current members of British Fencing and have a good knowledge of épée with competitive experience. The course will be run with theory preparation prior to the theory exam which will be on Sunday 19th November, with a short seminar before to answer last minute questions. The practical assessment will follow the exams as part of the competition. You do not level 1 epee to join this course.
Essential Pre-course preparation
- Ensure that you have at least a working knowledge of how a competition runs, poule sheets and the basic rules and penalties. Some information is available here
- A link to an up-to-date penalties sheet can be found here
- Knowing the correct terminology for basic strokes and tactical moves is also helpful.
The course has a maximum of 16 applicants. Applications are on a first come first served basis when fully paid.
It is not possible for applicants to enter the fencing competition and do the course, as time is required to assess throughout the day. *You may be required to stay until the conclusion of the event.
Course Fee £20
Booked – 12
Places Left – 4
There is onsite parking at the leisure centre, although this can get busy at times. There are several car parks in local proximity with a short walk to the leisure centre.
Parking is free on Sunday up to 3 hours. Over 3 hours a charge of £4.00 applies. Get your ticket on arrival. CASH ONLY MACHINES!
Solihull Train Station is a stone’s through from the leisure centre, on the other side of the road. Trains travelling from London to Birmingham regularly stop at Solihull. Full details of times, costs and booking can be found with The Trainline.com.
Please complete the form below. When you click Submit, you will be taken to a secure payment page with Stripe.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The purpose of this form is to collect the information needed to run the course:
- Confirm British Fencing membership.
- On completion of the course your details will be passed to British Fencing and England Fencing.
- Your data will be held for 2 years then deleted.
- We may contact you after the course to see if you would be able to referee at various epee events in our region.