West Midlands Senior Regional Championships 2020
incorporating the GB Cup Qualifier
The GB Cup
This is the second year British Fencing’s annual national tournament for intermediate regional fencers, fashioned on the BYC model. There will be no fee for the qualifiers from 2020, as this will be met by the West Midlands Region Fencing. Finals Date: Friday 8th to Sunday 10th May 2020 (different weapon per day) at the PlayFootball Birmingham, B19 2LF.
Enter Online HERE
Date: Sunday 9th February 2020
Weapons/Gender: Men’s & Ladies Foil, Men’s & Ladies Epee, Men’s & Ladies Sabre.
Venue: Cocks Moors Woods Leisure Centre, Alcester Road South, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 6ER
Entry fee: £25 per person for one weapon.
Closing date for entries: Wednesday 5th February 2020 23:59
Entries received after the closing date may be accepted, please contact the organisers for confirmation. Late entries will be charged an additional £10 per person.
Epee (M&W) & Sabre (M&W) Closes 9.00 a.m.
Foil (M&W) Closes 12.30 p.m.
Competition regulations: The competition is open to fencers over 13 years old as of the day of the event. Who live, fence, study, work or were born in the West Midlands. Compete level BFA membership will be required. All fencing clothing and equipment must comply with BFA regulations.
NOTE: This competition requires the Compete Level of membership.
*GB Cup Qualifying Rules
This year 2 fencers who satisfy the following criteria:
• Be aged 16 or over on 1 January 2020.
• Be ranked outside of the top 50 of National Senior rankings in their weapon for Women’s Foil, Epee, Sabre and Men’s Sabre and top 80 for Men’s Foil and Epee as at 1 January 2020.
• Have never represented their Nation at any level (including GB, home nations or other national equivalents).
• Have never won a Senior Open event
• Fencers may only enter the Regional event in the Region they have specified on their British Fencing Membership.
• Fencers may only fence in one qualifying event per season.
• Fencers may only enter the GB Cup in one weapon.
• Fencers must be UK residents.
• Entries will only be accepted via the Regions.