West Midlands Senior Regional Championships 2018
incorporating the GB Cup Qualifier
The GB Cup
This is a new British Fencing annual national tournament for intermediate regional fencers, fashioned on the BYC model. There will be a fee for the qualifiers from 2019, but in 2018 this will be met by the West Midlands Region Fencing. The finals will be on Saturday 23rd June 2018 at David Ross Sports Centre, The University of Nottingham.
Online Entries Closed
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Weapons/Gender: Men’s & Ladies Foil, Men’s & Ladies Epee, Men’s & Ladies Sabre.
Venue: King Edward VI School (KES), Chapel Lane, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6BE (map)
(This is a change of venue)
Entry fee: £25 per person for one weapon,
Due to time constraints it will only be possible to fence one weapon thus the master at arms award for 2018 is unavailable.
Closing date for entries: Wednesday 14th March 2018 23:59
Entries received after the closing date may be accepted, please contact the organisers for confirmation. Late entries will be charged an additional £5 per person.
Epee (M&W) & Sabre (M&W) Closes 9.30 a.m. (this has been revised)
Foil (M&W) Closes 12.30 p.m.
Competition regulations: The competition is open to fencers over 13 years old as of the day of the event. Who live, fence, study, work or were born in the West Midlands. BFA membership will be required. All fencing clothing and equipment must comply with BFA regulations.
NOTE: This competition requires the Compete Level of membership.
*GB Cup Qualifying Rules
This year 2 fencers who satisfy the following criteria:
• Be aged 16 or over on 1 January 2018.
• Be ranked outside of the top 50 of National Senior rankings in their weapon for Women’s Foil, Epee, Sabre and Men’s Sabre and top 80 for Men’s Foil and Epee as at 1 January 2018.
• Have never represented their Nation at any level (including GB, home nations or other national equivalents).
• Have never won a Senior Open event
• Fencers may only enter the Regional event in the Region they have specified on their British Fencing Membership.
• Fencers may only fence in one qualifying event per season.
• Fencers may only enter the GB Cup in one weapon.
• Fencers must be UK residents.
• Entries will only be accepted via the Regions.